Our Abseiling Level 1 Certification is certified under Singapore National Climbing Standards (SNCS)
Come and join us for Abseiling SNAS Level 1 Certified Course and learn how to descent from the height with ropes and descending device. SNAS Level 1 is also the required course for SNCS Level 3 certification course. It is a great knowledge to learn even you are not taking this course for SNCS level 3. This is also a useful course for hiking, mountaineering, especially when your hike involves Via Ferrata, descending high ground with ropes, etc. This is definitely a knowledge you would like to keep in your arsenal.
Course Code: APCL1
Course Duration: 7 hours or 2 sessions of 3.5 hours
Prerequisite: At least 13 years of age
The course is designed for people who have no prior knowledge of abseiling. Participants will learn the basic skills to descend on ropes and have essential knowledge of the equipment required to abseil.
Trainees must demonstrate the following course requirements :
- Correct harness usage
- Correct rig-in to abseil system with a Fig 8 Descender
- Perform a controlled descend
- Perform a self-rescue
- Correct use of abseiling commands
SNAS Abseil Proficiency Level One Certificate
- Introduction to Abseiling
- Why do people abseil?
- Environment – natural rocks, tower
- Introduction of Abseil Equipment (usage, care, limitation)
- Static Rope
- Descending device – (Fig.8)
- Rope handling
- Managing ropes
- Coiling, lapping, chaining
- Descend Practice (with a belay line) using Fig of 8 Descender
- Rig-in and remove from rope system
- Basic stance and brake hand
- Abseil command
- Descend with a fireman’s belay
- Self-rescue – apply lock-on system with leg wrap
- Safety Considerations
- Rope placement on descender (smiley face)
- Importance of controlled descend
- Appropriate attire, loose hair etc
- Course Review
- Suggestions for further advancement
- General discussion and feedback
Note: Wearing a helmet is compulsory when engaging in abseiling activities.
What do you need to bring to the course?
If you have your own climbing gear, it will be good to use your own climbing gear. So you will get familiar with it. If you do not have any climbing gear, don’t worry about it! We will provide you with all necessary equipment, such as Climbing harness, Belay Devices, extra carabiners, slings, Helmets.